Yes, I am, and I'm enjoying it.
And if I didn't know the meaning of the word "trope", I sure do now.
As I understand it, the word trope refers to a chunk of material that is just plonked down in a setting.
Tropes in "Rev" include:
* innocent vicar overwhelmed by the inner city
* vicar has a sidekick who is a homeless man and has interesting take on spiritual life
* needy parishioners predatory in their need
* vicar has all-powerful superior whom he has to manage as best he can
* vicar has to deal with more successful colleagues
* vicar has to remain true to himself
* vicar undercuts "vicar"
How could it be otherwise?
Interestingly (?) some time ago, I wrote a novel called "Playing at the Roxy" about a church meeting in a converted cinema in Bordeaux. Surprise, surprise, it contains all of these tropes.
It's available at Amazon if anyone is interested in reading a load of old tropes.